Group Disability Income Insurance
Would you be financially secure if you were to become disabled and couldn’t work? You can help protect yourself and your loved ones from the financial consequences of a disability that keeps you out of work with AIIT Group Disability Insurance.
By requesting disability coverage as an Appraisal Institute Professional, you have access to the following:
- Choose from two plan options: Long-Term or Short-Term
- Your choice of monthly benefit: Short-Term Plan is from $300 to $2,000 per month; Long-Term is from $500 to $5,000 per month*
- Your choice of waiting period with Long-Term Plan (30 or 90 days); Short-Term Plan waiting period is only 30 days
- Future Purchase Option available with Long-Term Plan
- Premium payments can be waived while receiving Total Disability Benefits
- Residual Benefits
- 20% premium discount for new insureds for the first two years
*The maximum amount payable under the Policy of any month of an insured Professional’s covered disability is $7,000.
Now Available: No-Exam Disability Insurance
Has COVID-19 heightened your desire to help ensure your income is protected in the event of a covered illness? Now is the time to act. Members under age 50 can apply for up to $4,000 of monthly group disability insurance benefits without a medical exam or lab visit.1
Over age 50? Your medical records and/or recent lab work may be accepted as a safer alternative to an in-person appointment. When New York Life contacts you regarding the medical requirements, let them know if you wish to discuss these alternate options.
Be sure to take advantage of this offer!Start Your Application
1Please refer to the disclosures page for more details on the application process.
If you’re an Appraisal Institute Professional in good standing, under age 65, a resident of the United States (except VT, WA, and territories), or Canada (except Quebec), at FULL-TIME WORK*, and not in full-time military service, you’re eligible to apply for Monthly Benefits of:
- $500 to $5,000 (in units of $100) in AIIT Group Long-Term Disability
- $300 to $2,000 (in units of $100) in AIIT Group Short-Term Disability
The benefit amount you apply for under this plan, in combination with all other disability insurance in force or applied for, can’t exceed:
- 60% of your basic monthly earned income for the Long-Term Plan
- 70% of your basic monthly earned income for the Short-Term Plan
*Please see plan brochure for definitions of full-time work, total disability, and earned income, as well as benefit descriptions of the Short-Term Plan, Long-Term Plan, and Future Purchase Option for the Long-Term Plan.
For more information, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations, and exclusions, please download the brochure.
This plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, under Group Policy No. G-13776-2, on Policy Form GMR.
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada. However, not all group plans it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. Please check the applicable insurance brochures for current availability.
New York Life’s state of domicile is New York, and NAIC ID # is 66915.
New York Life has received the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch Ratings (AAA), Standard & Poor's (AA+), and Moody's Investors Service (Aaa).*
*Source: Third-party rating reports as of 9/12/19
Other Health Products
The AIIT Group Disability Insurance Plan is Underwritten by:
New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
under Group Policy No. G-13776-2
on Policy Form GMR-FACE/G-13776-2