Group 10-Year Level Term Life Insurance
If something were to happen to you (or your spouse), would your loved ones (or you) have a secure financial future? With AIIT Group 10-Year Level Term Life Insurance, Appraisal Institute Professionals can apply for up to 1,000,000 of coverage for both you and your spouse, at competitive group rates guaranteed for the initial 10-year term. If you would like more than 1,000,000, you can apply for an additional 1,000,000 in coverage under the Term Life Plan. The total amount of coverage a Professional can request under all AIIT Group Term Life Insurance plans underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company cannot exceed $2,000,000.
With this plan in place, your beneficiary will have one less thing to worry about during an already trying time, and you’ll have access to the following benefits:
- Portable Coverage: Maintain your valuable AIIT Group 10-Year Level Term Life Insurance protection throughout your career until age 75, as long as you remain in good standing with the Appraisal Institute, you pay your premiums when due, and the policy is still in effect.
- Affordable Rates: Applicants meeting higher underwriting standards and who don’t use tobacco or nicotine products may qualify for Preferred rates. Other non-tobacco/nicotine users may qualify for Select rates. In addition, you can benefit from volume discounts when you purchase higher coverage amounts.
- Accelerated Death Benefit: Enables you to apply for a portion of your benefits if you qualify as being terminally ill, diagnosed as having a life expectancy of 24 months or less, subject to certain policy restrictions and limitations. These benefits are paid directly to you, and you may spend them any way you wish. (See your Certificate for more details.)
- Right of Conversion: You may convert your coverage to an individual plan offered by New York Life, regardless of physical condition or history, under certain instances of involuntary termination as stated in your certificate. This right of conversion is also available to your covered dependents. Conversion must be requested within 31 days of the date you become eligible for this provision.
- Only One Exclusion: Suicide, whether sane or insane, within two years after a person’s coverage becomes effective, is not covered. The premiums paid for the person’s coverage will be returned. (Missouri residents: Benefits will not be paid for death resulting from suicide within the first two years of coverage if New York Life can show that suicide was intended at the time of application.) After coverage is in force for two years, benefits are payable for death from any cause, at any time, anywhere in the world. (Subject to U.S. government regulations on restricted countries.)
- At Death of an AI Professional: If an Appraisal Institute Professional dies, life insurance then in force on his dependents may be continued as long as they otherwise remain eligible by timely premium payments.
You are eligible to apply for $100,000 to 1,000,000 (in multiples of $10,000) of AIIT Group 10-Year Level Term Life Insurance for both you and your lawful spouse if:
- You’re an Appraisal Institute Professional in good standing
- You and your spouse (if proposed for insurance) are under age 65
- You and your spouse reside in the United States (except territories), Puerto Rico, or Canada (except Quebec)
For more information, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations and exclusions download the brochure.
New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life) is a leader in the association group insurance field, providing life and health insurance plans for membership associations. The company has an enduring commitment to its customers' financial security. Regardless of the state of the economy or the stock market, New York Life bases its financial decisions on the guiding principle of serving its clients. New York Life has the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody's Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor's (AA+).*
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada. However, not all group plans it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. Please check the Plan details sections for current availability.
New York Life
State of Domicile: New York
NAIC ID #66915
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010 USA
*Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 9/12/19.
Other Life Products
The AIIT Group Level Term Life Insurance Plan is Underwritten by:
New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
under Group Policy No. G-13777-0
on Policy Form GMR-FACE/G-13777-0