Would you be able to cover your business expenses if you were to become disabled? Personal disability may not be enough to cover the expenses for you and your family as well as your business. Consider AIIT Group Professional Overhead Expense Insurance to help protect your personal savings from the devastating financial consequences a disability can bring.
With an AIIT Group Professional Overhead Expense plan for Appraisal Institute Professionals, you’ll have access to the following benefits if you become disabled, so you can keep your business open:
- Up to $10,000 per month for up to 24 months of a covered disability
- Up to 100% of your monthly office overhead expenses
- Your choice of monthly benefit from $500 to $10,000
- Waiting period of only 30 days
- Competitive rates through group purchasing power of the Appraisal Institute
Benefits Could Be Used For
- Mortgage payments on business premises (principal and interest)
- Employee salaries*
- Principal and interest on existing business loans
- Monthly average of taxes on premises
- Maintenance of existing business equipment
- Leasing costs for existing furniture and equipment
- Principal and interest for existing equipment
- Insurance premiums (pro-rated monthly)
*If a non-appraiser employee of the corporation is also a stockholder, the salary to the employee for duties regularly performed is an eligible expense as long as the salary is commensurate with those duties. If you are incorporated, a partner, or a joint tenant, overhead expenses included only your share of them. For complete details on eligible expenses and those that are not included, contact Plan Administrator.
You can apply for monthly benefits from $500 to $10,000 (in $100 increments). However, the benefit amount you receive will not exceed the lesser of 1) actual monthly eligible expenses incurred; 2) monthly average of eligible expenses for six months prior to disability; and 3) amount of monthly benefits in force on the date disability begins.
The amount selected together with any other overhead expense insurance that you may have cannot exceed 100% of the monthly average of eligible expenses that you incurred for the six months prior to requesting coverage.
Complete details, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations, and exclusions are in the Certificate of Insurance. Available to residents of the United States (excluding VT and U.S. Territories) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Certain state eligibility restrictions apply.